Monday, July 21, 2008

Direct relationship Blogging and Productivity?

I didn't blog a lot last week. I have found that there seems to be a direct relationship between my blogging and my productivity. I spent a lot of time working in versus on business last week. You know, paperwork, cleaning up two weeks worth of being out of the office, stuff like that. Not wasted time mind you, just not sales focused activity. So I am starting this week off with a blog and making a commitment to post every day.

Sales tip of the day? Even though you may be focused on doing the paper work of sales, Quotes, orders and tech stuff. Make sure you are focused on new sales. Take at least an hour a day to spend it on new opportunities. Make phone calls, send the quick email, get out of the office and into the field. Some of the best advice I have been given is out of the office from 8 to 11 and 1 to 4. Office time will wait!

1 comment:

Stuart R. Crawford said...

Hi Steve, good on you for taking time to do the non-important but critical stuff. I struggle with this as well some days. I like to be focused on sales all the time myself, it is my judge of productivity. Outside of golf of course!

Stuart Crawford
Calgary, AB
http://www.stuartcrawford.com