Monday, December 7, 2009

Microsoft gets this one WRONG!

So as some of you know, I fully utilize Microsoft Media Center within Windows 7.

Upon upgrading my existing Vista Media center to Windows 7 I noticed that Netflix was NOT available. Well, they fixed that. It is supposed to automatically show up when it was available. It did not. Anyway, I found it and installed it. That was easy. Here comes the problem.

Netflix streaming does NOT work with Media Center Extenders. IE with XBOX. Now you say that it does. OK you are right, it does work from the XBOX. You can use it from the XBOX dashboard. Well, it does if you pay for the XBOX Gold account. And I do have one membership. The problem is I use two other extenders. One is an XBOX and the other is a Linksys. So I would have to pay another $50 for the other XBOX for a live account to view Netflix. As for the Linksys, I would be out.

COME ON MICROSOFT. Let me use the extenders. From what I read on other links is that it is not a reason of ability, rather it is you protecting the XBOX dashboard. IE making me spend money for a Live account.

What don't you think that buying 2 XBOX's, 1 extender, 1 Mediacenter and Windows 7 is not enough for you? This is the way you reward loyal customers. OH yea, do not forget the monthly ZUNE service, couple of Zunes and the other MS products I have.....

No comments: