Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Guess I have to do this for 5 more years.

So, Register.com proved that telemarketing works. They called relentlessly for a couple of days because my email address and Domains were running out.

Not to worry, I negotiated (didn't know that was an option up until now) a 5 year deal for both my domains;

www.steveriat.com
www.riatfamily.com

and my email address;

steve@steveriat.com

Anyway, I wanted to get rid of the banner that register puts on the bottom of the page. (If you get here via www.steveriat.com you will see it)

Get this, Register.com wants $50 a year to remove that (Because I am doing simple website forwarding to the real address, hang with me and I will tell you how to get rid of this) What a rip off.

If you are tired of the banner, bookmark http://sriat.blogspot.com and you will be good to go.

PS you can negotiate 50% or more. I only got them down to $38 per year to remove the banner. (1 year deal) Maybe next year I will pay it for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: