Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Waiting a day?

You ever get that email, phone call or one on one interaction that really upset you and you wanted to address the issue right here and now? I know I do.

One thing I have learned in the last couple of years it to wait till the next day. By then usually I find it not that important, or I re look at the situation and have a new perspective. It is more productive and the outcome is much, much better.

Sure, sometimes you must react to a situation. You are the only one that can make that decision. I am just suggesting that you evaluate and take some time to make the right choice.

Emotion is powerful and can help motivate you, give direction and motivate people. However it can cloud judgement, make quick bad decisions and really ruin long term relationships.

No comments: