Monday, December 1, 2008

My before Christmas Story

Twas the night before last when all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even Molly dog in our house. When I heard a small peep and I set up from a deep sleep. When to my surprise I heard that small peep that made me weep.

What was it this time a cell phone, UPS or just the cordless phone. For last week it was the smoke detector this week I was just starting to dest or? Was it something important like the kids toys needing more tend.

I am tired of playing the find the beep in my sleep. Listening to every smoke detector in the night till I find the one that was right. Then stumbling through the dark to find the battery to silence the lark! Why Mr Grinch to you try my patience so many times? Cant the batteries last through out time?

Back to the story at hand, the beep that was waking me from sleepy land. Like I said it wasn't the smoke detector, the kids toys or even the cordless phone. It was Steph our neighbor texting Jenifer's Cellphone. It was almost midnight and she thought it important to let us know that our pretty lights, at least half were dark as night. To be honest it was planned, short one timer I am. Press read then clear I feel a deep sleep coming near.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I feel privelaged to have made it onto your blog! If you weren't such a "fun-hater" maybe you would have been up at midnight!!! :)