Thursday, November 13, 2008

Followup?.....!

I appreciate Jeff from SMC following up to our recent Vendor meeting.

Jeff was unable to make the meeting and wanted to make sure that everything went well. It did. We had some open feedback. I think Jason (SMC rep) has made the blog before. Sure he is young (Early 20's) but is great. Excellent followup, quick responses. Open and honest. Always looking for more ways we can work together. What more can I ask for.

Back to Jeff. Jeff tells me he is expecting his first child (Lets face it, his wife is going to do most of the work! (Side note, who was the genius who thought that the man wanted to be in the delivery room, versus watching the game?) Jeff was wanting to know my advice. (I think he was kidding, but I am giving it anyway)

1. Go to sleep right now. It will soon be a thing of the past.
2. Get the book "What to expect when your expecting" Jenifer has worn ours out!
3. Don't focus on buying the new stuff. Clothes, sleepers, bedding, towels and blankets. All that will happen is they will spit up all over it anyway and half wont fit when the season comes around.
4. Get a bouncy chair. I think our youngest grew up in it (Just kidding, only when Jenifer wasn't home)
5. Don't forget to take care of your wife!
6. Remember what you do now. After your child is born, you wont be able to remember.
7. Look at your walls, car, favorite electronics and carpet. It will never be the same
8. Find your special thing to do with the kid. It is some of the most memorable time ever. (Music is the thing I bring to my boys)
9. The box will be the favorite toy. Every time...
10. Don't be scared, our parents didn't know what they were doing!
11. Go to sleep now!

Clearly I would not take any of my advice as factual or even helpful. Jenifer would be the best reference I have.

Congratuatulations Jeff. Your world is changing and I would not give it up for anything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a brilliant post. Our two kids definitely confirm every last bit of advice you gave. I think you should send it to reader's digest too. Brilliant.