Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another customer experience (Not so good)

This time Wallgreens.com. This is where I order my digital prints. (Well ok just get them printed). Usually it works well. However this time it took several weeks with no update on the website. So I send an email asking where they might be. (Should take 5 days, has taken 3 weeks). I get a response saying they need to research the issue (With the wrong name on the email) Nothing in 5 days. So I call. They system is down. Nothing they can do. I have to call back later. I completed their survey. Admittedly I feel kinda bad ranking the agent that helped me only neutral. It really isn't their fault.

I did go ahead and fill out a complaint on their website. I am curious what response I get. I am frustrated to spend almost $50 and zero customer response.

Just doing my part to tell 10 other people. It does go to show that you can have 5 positive interactions and one destroys it all. However Wallgreens has had three times to resolve the issue.

1. If an order does nothing for 2 weeks, wouldn't you follow up on it?
2. Email. No response?
3. Phone call. Cant help you, system down. (Call me when it is up, don't make me call back, send me an email?)

This is an example of why it is important to respond the first time. Customer service is about followup, details and continued performance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did Walgreens ever respond? I had a miserable experience with a Alaska Airlines gate agent on my way home from last week's event. (Monday)

I submitted a complaint too - normally I get great service from them. I'll be curious as to when I get a response (or if).