Sunday, May 18, 2008

Where to go next?

I am in an industry that is in constant change. We always have to be looking for the next thing. The next solution, the next strategy and where the competition is going. It is easy to sit back and enjoy success. This constant change may be the one thing that defines success.

I spent a couple of days with the HTG gang this last week. This group helps me identify industry changes, more global views and the future of the industry. This is all great! It is great to see people like Brad and Erik challenging the status quo. I feel like we are the leading group of HTG and we have to push every meeting to keep this status.

So where is the future?
1. Development of MSP 2.0? How about defining what is in 2.0?
2. Video? That can include blogging, conferencing and customer interaction with it?
3. Personel development? Sales, Marketing, HR, Processes and Financial?
4. Cloud applications: Hosted Office, Exchange and more to come? What we going to do with this?
5. Consulting: How do we develop these skills? Training for this? What direction will this take us?
6. Technology its self? What is in the future? More Citrix? How does this play with cloud applications?

There is so much more I could add here. These are not my ideas, rather ideas I SWIPED from HTG.

Future is bright. We are at a turning point to either follow or be leaders. I look forward to having everyong follow.

Speaking of leaders, congratulations to Joddey Hicks on his recent promotion. I would wish you luck but I know you have all the skills to make it happen.

No comments: