Sunday, May 25, 2008

A change up this week!

I sit on the balcony overlooking the ocean with the sound of waves typing this blog. I am on vacation this week in Seaside Florida. www.seasidefl.com. Usually on vacation, I spend a lot of time reflecting. So you will have to tolerate this for one week.

Last week my boss spent a LOT of time working on something that the people who it effected will never know about. While I cannot publicly post what this was about, I find it more interesting the passion that he brought. Sure, it was a good business decision. However this didn't really effect him. It did however significantly effect others. These "others" will never know the extent he went through to help them. Late hours, worrying, time in front of the firing squad to defend what he felt was right!

It is nice to know that you work for these type of people. They do the right thing even when no one is watching!

Spending time alone with the family is invaluable. It is sure easy to get distracted with things that dont really matter, like revenue and sales. Actually those things only matter in how they give others the ability to do what is important (Family). Maybe it is ironic how my vacation of reflection aligns with Memorial Day. A holiday that is remembering those who are no longer physically with us.

So you will have to tollerate this week of my personal rants. (Or unsubscribe)

No comments: