Monday, April 7, 2008

Looking for Rice A Roni (A SanFrancisco Treat)

I am spending a couple of days in SF this week. Lenovo was gracious in inviting me to their Advisory Council. I expect this to be an interesting trip. As you may have seen on the news, the Olympic torch is going through the city tomorrow. Security is everywhere. I do look forward to attending the closing ceremony tomorrow evening.

Anyway, I need to add something about sales. In our industry projects, installations and sales are difficult. If it wasn't, everyone would do this. So how to you keep customers happy when things go a bit wrong.

Communication! That is talking with the customer in every phase. From sales, being open, honest and trying to cover all bases. Installation, the lead technician working with sales to understand the scope, communicating with the customer on time lines and obstacles. To the bill. If the project runs over, making sure the customer knows what is coming, why and resolving issues as soon as possible.

Speaking of Lenovo, I was notified that our rep is leaving for IBM. It will be interesting how this relationship moves forward and what communication comes from Lenovo. We are off to a good start. Our inside rep has reached out already letting me know what is going on and where to get answers from.

No comments: