Friday, December 3, 2021

Building future leaders

If you are a leader in your organization or even a percieved leader you have a responsibility to build the future leaders. Probably not new news however what are you DOING to build the future? For me it means spending time dedicated to the leadership development. There are two parts. First is to go over some tactical parts of Supervision. Not necessarily to be confused with leadership (Not all supervisors are leaders) but how to handle difficult conversations, tactical parts of leading a team and lessons you have learned over the years. Second taking leadership topics and walking through them. For me this is talking about events that have happened to me, or I have witnessed and walking through them (These can be good things and bad situations) The key is to protect this leadership time from the day to day business. I do struggle keeping these things out of this time but I try my best. (Hey, I don't have a problem discussing this with you but can we set a separate time to cover? I want to keep this time focused on you and development.) This is done for my team by spending 1 hour per month per person and 2 hours per month as a group. Key is, make it a priority. It is your future.

No comments: