Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Worthless Warranty


2 years ago Jen and purchased a new Serta Mattress. We spent more than $1,000 on this high end mattress and spent a lot of time making sure it was comfortable.

Well recently it became obvious that it is failing. If one of us lays in the middle of the bed, we are 6 inches higher than the other person!

I called the company (Serta) and they told me to talk the place we purchased it. So I did (Took the pictures in) Here is the definition of a bad mattress.

You must lay a level across the bed without any pressure. Then take a ruler and measure the deflection (Again without any pressure) and if it is more than 1 3/4 inches it is declared bad. The store where I purchased the mattress said they have never had a mattress qualify for an exchange. This mattress has a 10 year (Worthless) warranty and we are only 20% of the way through!

Notice that the level is not even close to level and look at the end of the level and notice the gap.

Then also note that they are suggesting that the deflection is only without pressure. Last I checked I sleep with my body pressing down on the mattress!

Thanks Serta. I will be agressively trying to get resolution. I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is terrible! I bought a temperpedic 5 years ago & have loved it ever since!