Monday, July 12, 2010

Too Busy?

Lately I have seen more businesses that have said they are too busy to help me. From stretching carpet to getting a car serviced and more.

What options does that leave me? Even though I am loyal to some of these companies and they have provided me good service in the past, I need service now? Most likely it will cost these companies my business for good. That means that when I am ready for a large purchase, I am not coming back to those who were too busy.

We deal with this in my industry every day. The challenge is that you cannot have resources just sitting around for every call, however we have to have them available for those who are loyal and good customers. I have yet to see a system that works.

I think the solution lies in process and fully utilizing resources.

How do you handle this problem?

I make every effort to make sure that I am never too busy for customers, vendors, employees and family.

No comments: