Friday, January 29, 2010

My bad experience at the store. (Updated)

So I have removed my comment and the store has done an amazing job of communicating. I actually recieved a comment from the person that helped me. To be honest I am shocked.

Why did I remove the post? I do not want the comment to reflect on the young person that helped me and I really respect someone who would take the time to respond.

I hope this gets back to that person and want to let them know that I will be a loyal customer and plan to come back time and time again. For the first time that I can remember a company paid attention to their customer service surveys and actually put the information in the hands of somone that could do somthing about it.

Well done.

Sorry that it happened this way...Maybe I have learned a little somthing about jumping to conculsions

I also would like you to see the comment that was left. It was very professionally written.

1 – 1 of 1
Hi, this is (Ammended to protect the name), and I'm actually the associate to whom you are referring to in your post. First off, I just have to say that I do not believe that the entire store is at fault - it's just me. You stated that several people in our store were friendly to you. I'm the one who apparently did this, so I should be redeeming myself.

I do not recall this event happening, but obviously it did since you wrote about it. I just find it very hard to believe that you came into the department, and I didn't say a WORD to you. If you have ever worked in a retail setting, you know that it is seriously impossible to not say a word to a customer. When you mentioned that I handed you the box without saying anything, or acting as if I was bothered by you checking out at the register, it's just hard for me to believe I'd do something like that.

I don't remember when this took place, but it doesn't matter because the point of this is that it happened, and it shouldn't have.

I would like to extend an apology to you for what has happened over the internet(yes, I know, not the best). The only way I can see that would be appropriate for me to redeem myself would be for you to come into the store at your own convenience and I will give you the customer service you should have received from me the very first time. It's the only thing I can think of. If not, I hope you can accept my apology. I have worked in retail for a long while, and I haven't done this to anyone, and for that I apologize that you were the one who I did that to. I feel that every customer should be treated with the utmost respect and always be put first.

1 comment:

Tammy "Always 29/Birthday Girl" Wellbrock said...

I intend to wear my sign "Happy Birthday Tammy!" all day for those that either forgot or didn't know. Let's just say it's my gift back to the world. I'm such a go-giver.