Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Calling them back

I have made a commitment in the last couple of months to call everyone back that leaves me a message. Initially I thought this was a mistake. It can be up to 5 telemarketers a day.

You cannot believe the surprise of these people when they get a call back. It throws them off their game. Recently, Logitech was one of those calls back. After realizing who I was and why I was calling back, he had no game plan. No partner program in specific and was just reaching out. After working out some details we have come up with a win win for both of us. You never realize where the next opportunity comes from.

A couple of years ago I received a call from a company called Lightspeed. (Feel free to try and GOOGLE that name. Every company founded in the last couple of years is called that) www.lightspeedsystems.com Anyway I ignored their call. One of the reps suggested that we do business with them. Now we have sold more than a half million dollars in their product, that was a great call. If I would have paid attention to the call, we could have started that partnership earlier.

How many opportunities are we too busy for, ignore or simply do not realize. It probably happens more than we know.

No comments: