Friday, January 23, 2009

My first opinion of Windows 7

So Jenifer (My wife) has a new Lenovo laptop with 2 GB of ram, most current processor running Vista and Finally I got tired of her telling me it was slow. So I installed Windows 7.

At first look it has the same look and feel as Vista. However a few tool bar changes, much less issues with popping up asking for permission and the best feature is it is MUCH faster. When you put it to sleep it goes almost immediately and comes back the same.

Jenifer has had no problems and it works much faster for her. We will see if this continues.

1 comment:

Stuart R. Crawford said...

So Steve, what do you think? Should Microsoft sell Windows 7 or give it away for free. I think myself that we don't make alot of money selling desktop OSes any longer and I am sure Microsoft can work a deal with OEM's to basically give it away. I just wonder sometimes if Vista was the last OS that we would ever sell.

See you soon in Dallas

Stuart Crawford
Calgary, AB
Stuart Crawford's Blog - Click Here