Sunday, October 12, 2008

Product placement?

So another rainy Sunday. Football and movies. I had a chance to watch Ironman. I would give it 3 1/2 stars. It was ok.

Interesting thing I noticed that I have not seen in some time was the strong (And obvious) product placement. First was Burger King. " I have to have a burger before... ' It was completely out of place and really not part of the movie. Then on the bag (Showed several times) the BK logo. Then there was the Audi endorsement. He could drive classic cars, lambo's and such are in the garage, however every scene it was possible he drove the Audi with the obnoxiously large logo.

I am used to the Cisco phones located everywhere! Others are catching up.

Does this type of advertising work? I think it does. I have been craving BK since.

No comments: