Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Meeting Three

Meeting three was a very positive meeting. The person presenting called and confirmed the meeting. He then had ask me several questions about what I was looking for and what kind of things I was expecting from his presentation. Needless to say, I was expecting great things.

It was delivered. The presentation was exactly what I was looking for, I learned lots about their product, my questions were answered and I see doing business with this company in the near future.

The part I wanted to point out was a day later I received a thank you note in the mail. This sealed the deal for me.

So I wanted to add some things that should be done after a meeting.

1. Always return the information that you promised. Answers to questions and such. Deliver it before you promised it.

2. Send a thank you. This may be mail, email or a phone call. Depends on the relationship.

3. Bring added value to the relationship. If you can solve a problem for the customer eve is it isn't something you sell, this will make the customer come to you for solutions.

4. Ask for references.

5. Always tell the customer when you are not the right solution. People will always respect this and look to you in the future when you have the right solution.

No comments: