Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dude I've got a Dell. And I can't forget it...

No, its not what you think...It is a Dell TV. Four years ago when we built our house, I did some research and ended up buying this flat panel TV for our living room. Just over a year, the TV stopped coming on. We replaced it with a Samsung that has been working great.

I took the Dell to work and had one of the techs look at it and they found the power supply had gone out. So I replaced it and took it home to put in our bedroom. Shortly after that, it began acting up. You have to turn it off and on several times before the back light comes on. IE so you can see the picture.

What is the point of this story? Simply that almost every night I am reminded what a piece this TV is and how much I regret this purchase. You might say that it is one of the last things I think about every night before bed.

I am also reminded that if we do a poor job of selling solutions, our customers will think about that solution everyday and what a mistake they made in purchasing it from us. This just points out how important it is to get it right the first time!

No comments: