Friday, August 1, 2008

Joddey, Mike and the Hair

On Wednesday, Joddey Hicks from Heartland Technology Group and Mike Fafinski from Syand in MN came to visit. We had an extensive agenda covering a wide range of topics. We worked hard for 24 hours and when they left I had a headache. No, the headache was not from the sales energy, rather I was mentally wore out!

We had a chance to visit our Network Operations Center in Victoria with Justin McClung. (See http://www.justinmcclung.net/) and toured our main facility. More than that we dug real deep in topics ranging from Terminal Services versus Citrix, SSLVPN Concentrators and why to developing some unique things for our HTG meeting next week. I want to also thank Mike Doerfler for helping us through some of the more technical aspects of this.

The Hair;
Does anyone remember Zach Morris? A character from Saved By The Bell on TV? Well Mike Fafinski was sporting this hair for two days. He rented a convertible for the trip and drove most of that time with the top down. The result was the "Zach" as I will now refer to it as. I will have to add that it was a good thing he wasn't here in Hays today. Highs will be over 103. For a Minnesotan this is melting point.

I cannot stress the value of giving and sharing with other companies. We dived real deep on topics that I would have never thought about looking into. I have come up with at least 5 action items that are going to increase the bottom line. So you can put up fences and build a fort looking out. Or you can engage other learn more and extend your reach.

PS my wife makes the blog 3 days in a row. Thank you Jen for all the work you did on dinner and putting up with us three guys for a couple of days.

No comments: