Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Garage Sale.

So Jenifer (4 days in a row now she has made the blog) had the garage sale yesterday. This was an unbelieveable event. Jenifer's sale started at 2. People began parking outside at 1:10! By 1:30 there were 5. By quarter till there were over a dozen cars!

So what advertising campaign causes this kind of frenzy? A newspaper add and a insert in the free online advertising. I have advertised events including million dollar technical displays giving away things like laptops and cameras. I should have called it a garage sale?

Back to the story. Jenifer had more things than would fit in the garage. Once she opened the door, I was to move these extra items to the driveway. Good luck with that. I couldn't get through the people. I would say within the first 10 minutes there were over 30 people in the garage. There was almost a fight over one item.

Anyway, I would not want to do this more than once every couple of years. As for the margins, you can't argue. They are pretty much 100%, on over $1k of business!

So the sales tip of the day. If you want to drive attendance to an event, call it a garage sale!

No comments: