Monday, March 24, 2008

Trying not to clone success

Early on in my career, I spent a LOT of time trying to clone successful sales people. I was unable to get this done. So how to you make a successful sales person? I don't think that this just applies to sales, this is just what I know. The biggest thing I have learned is that there is no sales strategy that is perfect for everyone. There are some clear steps that are successful. However the use of them is individual.

To help people succeed, you must find their individual skills. Then help them utilize those skills to become successful. Maybe a individual skill set involves building relationships. Then take that and build upon it.

Clearly if the skill set is not aligned at all with sales then other choices should be made. Just because a skill set is not the same as anthers does not mean this person will not be successful.

No comments: