Saturday, March 29, 2008

Customer Service

Getting ready for this years golf season, I decided I needed a new driver. Had a gift certificate for a company that is not located here in Hays. We will call this company "Richards"sporting goods. (Should be easy to figure out!) Anyway, went on line, ordered what I wanted and put the additional cost on my credit card.

After two weeks, I figured I should track the package. It stated that it was delivered a week ago. I shipped it to Nex-Tech where we have a good receiving dock (John watches everything!). So off to the 800 customer service number. Shocking, no wait, straight to a live (US) body and I explained my issue. The customer service rep looked at the tracking. Found an issue with the delivery and said they would have to reorder the driver. No problem, I thought...

The customer service rep went on to explain that they would have to issue a credit, then do a new order. No problem, get it done! Well, it was on half CC and half gift card. So they would have to issue a new gift card, 3-5 business days, then I would have to call back in and have them send me a physical card (3-5 days), then I would have to reorder? All I wanted was my driver.

It is important to take care of the customer! Make sure your policies and procedures use common sense. Everything was great in my experience, yet the most simple (What should have been simple) could not be completed. Therefore, I am an unhappy customer.

No comments: