Monday, February 27, 2012

One skill I wish I had worked on in school.

To be honest I don't balance the home check book. Not now and not ever. Even back in the single days I would just make sure that I made more than I spent (Most of the time) Lets face it, Jenifer is much more qualified to do the accounting and I think she even enjoys it.

Now I find it ever important to understand many aspects of accounting in my eveyr day job. From helping business understand financial impact to understanding cash flow, EBITDA and many other aspects of accounting. I have had to learn all of this from OJT. On the Job Training.

It sure would have been helpful to have had at least the basics in college. However I avoided those classes in efforts to, well, pass. Now I pay the penalties of not being engaged.

No comments: