Saturday, June 18, 2011

Time away at work?

Do you find yourself constantly checking email, looking at the smart phone or distracted by other minute by minute details? I recently was reading an article about taking time off to work from work. It was talking about sabbaticals and such.

I would suggest that you take time off every day. Shut down the electronics an hour a day. You may need to start by doing 10 minutes, cutting conference calls a bit short or simply when you have someone in your office not looking at any of that communication. Many times it can be just noise.

Look, I can be one of the worst. Recently I have found myself looking at the monitor when talking with people in the office. What could be so important that I ignore someone in the office to look at most likely spam.

So, I am going to start taking time off at work to work.

No comments: