Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So where is this Pad thing going

After doing some research here is my thoughts.

1. This tablet, Slate thing will continue to grow.
2. Android 3.0 may help this thing. 2.1, 1.8, 2.2 are not really built for this application. (3.0 is supposedly built for this)
3. Windows mobile 7 may be good for this also. (Yet to be seen)
4. Palm/HP is releasing thier version early next year. I would think Palm would be good at this!
5. Lenovo is building theirs. (I doubt they will take off)
6. iPad is King. (BUT REALLY expensive) I am still amazed they released this product and it has stayed ahead for almost 3/4 of the year.
7. Battery life is key. 10 to 12 plus is a must for this to work. Otherwise I would use my laptop.
8. Capacitive touch is required with multitouch. (If you do not know what this means, trust me)
9. I do not think any iPad like device will kill the Kindle. It has great screen, and does a really good job at one thing. Weight, screen, battery, market place, ease of use are all downfalls of the competition to the Kindle.
10. Windows 7 will not really compete even though this is Microsofts answer to the iPad. Once again, 7 is not great with touch, battery is an issue.
11. Early next year dual processing in these units will be standard. Apps continue to grow.
12. I found a new interesting app store for your net book from Intel. Go here http://www.appup.com/applications/index?cid=cim:ggl|appup_us_app|rd11186|s&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_term=app_store&utm_content=appup_us_app&utm_campaign=DIV_US_AppUp_Brand_-_(S)
13. Things Apple should include in their next version. USB, Flash memory, Flash video, HDMI out, and of if I am going to dream, 1/2 the price, better processor, 2x the memory, 2x the battery and 1/2 the thickness (:))

No comments: