Monday, March 22, 2010

Bob Burg and Arlin

So I am 40 so pages deep in Bob Burg's Book "Go Givers sell more" and would say that this is as good or better than his first Go Giver book. (http://www.thegogiver.com/)
It was also a good suprise to see Arlin in the book (A true Go Giver)) (http://peerpower.blogspot.com/)
Arlin has a daily email that is business, religion and entertainment wrapped up into one email. If you would like to get this great information drop me an email and I will get you connected.

I will update you as I get further into the book and highly suggest you go out and buy it now! (PS - go here!http://www.amazon.com/Go-Givers-Sell-More-Bob-Burg/dp/1591843081/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269225092&sr=8-1)

1 comment:

Jason said...

That sounds like an excellent book! I will have to put that on the list.

I hope you are well by the way...it has been a long time!

Since you are recommending some books, I have a few for you: "Good to Great" by Jim Collins - it focuses on a couple of companies from the 20th century that excelled for a 15 year period (compared to their competition and the stock market). It really focuses a lot on "level 5" leadersship, and the ability of these companies to narrow their focus and attack a market that they could become the best in the world.

Also, just for a life book, I highly recommend "The Noticer" by Andy Andrews. Probably one of the better books I have read. Really a lot of great life lessons he teaches in a fiction story - talks about marriages, a business owner taking advantage of their employees, an old lady that thought she didn't have anything to offer to the world any longer, and a couple of other things. Really great book.

Oh...last but not least, "Thou Shall Prosper" by Rabbi Daniel Lapin. It is an in-depth look at the Jewish culture and why Jewish people are so good at business. Very good as well.

Take care,
Jason