Saturday, July 11, 2009

Anyone want to play Thermal Nuclear War?

War games was the movie that got me interested in computers. And like most movies having to do with computers it is extremely unrealistic. No matter, I enjoyed the movie. So I was cruising Netflix the other day and there it was, War Games II. It was released in 2008 and must have went directly to DVD. You can watch it instantly on Netflix.

Similar story, however it is a bit better than the first one.

So between War Games, Commodore 64 (My first PC) and Dan Evans Ihave never looked back.

I remember my first taste of the web in 1989. Yup, it existed then. Got a telephone number to Washburn University and a username/PW. Played games against others around the country. Realize, no graphics, just text and was extremly slow.

In a world that my cell phone has more power, sends more data and can do more than that Commodore, I cant wait for the future.

JOSHUA ARE YOU PREPARED?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWjlCaIrQo

No comments: