Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Microsoft gets it RIGHT?

So I had to rebuild a laptop last night. And when it came to activating Vista, the online activation would not work. The system came with Visa and I used the key attached to the system. Not sure why it would not activate.

Anyway, it told me ta call an 800 number and read (IVR) what would be probably 50 numbers to the system (The numbers were on the screen generated by Vista). So after doing that, the automated system could not help me. So it transferred me to a live ( But foreign) person. In one ring the call was picked up by a reasonably well English speaking person.

I had to read the first several numbers (Not all thank goodness), he then ask me a couple of questions. (why was I doing this install, did it come with the computer, was it installed on any other systems) after answering these, he gave me a really long number to type in and it worked. All took 5 min.

Really it was a positive experience.

No comments: