Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Golf Cart Experience

Took my golf cart in a couple of weeks ago, it lost all its pep and was seemly getting worse. I wanted this fixed and an over all checkup of the batteries and cart.

So I called a day after I was told it would be done. Basically they had not looked at it yet. No big deal, I didnt need it for another week or so. Couple of days later it was "Done" The description was that there was a loose connection. Great. $42


Took the cart home to clean, wax and fix a couple of small cosmetic problems. This is where I discovered that half of the battery cells were dry. Wouldn't you have checked this under a basic check up? Guess not.

Next when I took it to the course. Nothing changed. Poor performance, no get up and go.

So I guess I paid $42 for nothing? Really, money was not the problem. I wanted this fixed to play golf this summer. So I am debating what to do next.

1. Visit the guy again. (I will pretty much guarantee I will not take it back) I may ask for my money back. He did nothing to fix the problem.

2. Take it to the other cart place in Hays.

3. Dive into the problem myself. There are only 3 major parts. 4 if you include the batteries. It seems that I am just as qualified as the previous mechanic.

4. ???

Lost business to the company I took it to. And I will be sure to tell my average 10 people of the bad experience.

No comments: