Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Had the chance to do right and didn't

I been meaning to put this into words for a couple of weeks now and finally here it is. When we were in Vegas we went to McDonald's for a quick drink. In front of me was a homeless person wanting to get a drink. He was refused service "We don't serve your kind here"

The correct response from me should have been to ask what he wanted and bought it for him. I was caught off guard. I have kicked myself ever since. I searched for this man for a little while. I did managed to find another homeless person to donate to. It wasn't the same.

As for McDonald's, the full story did become more evident when we sat out front and watched other homeless people sneak into the door and refill drinks. I would assume over and over...However the person in front of me was going to pay and was doing the right thing. In some way McDonald's was rewarding the behavior of not paying.

Lesson is you have to be prepared for these little moments of doing right. You never know when they will happen. I was not prepared.

No comments: