Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stepping Up (No I am not dancing like Mike)

One of my goals this week was stepping up the pace. Not just mine but everyone around me. I really feel like today that happened. It has been awhile since I have had this feeling. I really had confirmation of this when someone told me today that they were going to have to put some things off, or it would have to wait. I am sure they didn't like my answer when I said it was time to dig in and get it done. Find a way! OK Sure it wasn't as well said. I did however state an analogy.

The Cymphonix appliance that utilized bandwidth? That is what we have to do with our personal bandwidth. Making sure the most important gets the most bandwidth and other needs fill in when available. Sure, only us IT geeks will get it. But it is a real good example for me. Prioritize, make the most of our time and no excuses.

I truly believe that most of us can increase our output significantly by focusing on tasks, avoiding the time sucks and flat out getting it done.

Some may be having to learn a new way this week. It can be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Used the Cymphonix last week - I will say that the metaphor is slightly off - it just allows you to prioritize the bandwidth - not get more of it! ;-)

In all seriousness - am struggling with the picking up the pace issue - lots to do by year end. But I am catching up on my blog reading today!