Friday, October 24, 2008

Lesson not learned?

Had another sales person visit me yesterday to sell his wares. First of all was traveling from 1/2 way across the US. Did not verify the appointment till the day before. Was late from the time we agreed on. Then presented what he thought was interesting, not by asking questions of the audience what we were looking for.

Another point that I saw that was adverse to selling was mentioning the competition. This rep did so by name and by price. I will be honest, there was little quality or service differences. So Now I have the competition and some of their values? Probably not a good idea to give these things away.

Once again, stick to the basics of sales. By no means do I feel that I am even close to the top of sales people I have seen, however the good ones always follow simple methods that are continually rewarded.

Sell on!

No comments: