Monday, August 11, 2008

Feeling Green after Saturday?

I know what you are thinking, I feel fine. Rather, Aaron Booker showed me what impact logging had on the West Coast and it really hit home. Large (Hundreds of thousands of acres) area's are damaged. In fact it is unique to show areas that are not effected by logging. Scars in the land where trees no longer exist. Areas where only new trees exist where there were once 200 foot plus trees. It is hard to think that these areas will ever be the same. It is also hard to think that this can't have an impact on the environment.

It makes me more aware of the purchases I make everyday. From green PC's to recycling. It is important as sales people that we remind our clients the importance of green in their purchases. While this may be a small step, it is the power that we all have every day to make a difference.

No comments: