Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Microsoft Day One

Day one at WWPC (Microsoft World Wide Partner Conference) was great. Once again, I learned more from my peers than ever anticipated. I saw Arlin’s presentation about sales, tools and Microsoft (It had a better name) which spurred the thoughts of our own tools. And after much discussion with Mike, we decided it was time for action. Thanks to Joddey, we were armed with the ammunition to start attacking this problem. That problem is our “Dumb” phones. I figured if the Windows Mobile phones were smart, than my old Motorola must be dumb. Joddey showed us ConnectWise integration and even sent me a white paper on the value it brought his business. This is just one example of something I learned yesterday.
I expect much more learning today. With keynotes on the direction of Microsoft in the next year, to seeing what must be hundreds of new technologies in the booth area, I am positive there will be many more learning opportunities.
To be most effective in sales, you must arm yourself with some basic tools to get the job done. I want to be clear, the tools do not makes the salesperson. However to be the most effective, you have to be able to work remotely, be in as much contact as possible with clients to provide best customer service. If you are not reachable, clients will take their business places that do respond.
(This is dedicated to Brad Schow) The calendar is only as good as what you put in it. To avoid over booking or conflicts in schedule it is important to put your travel days and time. It also keeps people from calling you Brad the Bailer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, OK - I'm hearing you. I'll check into the flights and get something booked. Point well taken