Sunday, June 8, 2008

Is everything I like going disco?

Back in the days I worked for RadioShack, we shortened Discontinued to Disco. (Ironic comparison) Anyway, recently, it seems there have been a lot of things I have wanted to buy that was discontinued.

1. RadioShack used to sell (Less than 1 year ago) batteries that charged in 15 min. I had bought a 15 min charger (For almost double the money) and 4 batteries. Yesterday I went out purchase some more of the batteries and I found out that they were "Disco"

2. Walmart used to carry some carpet in the automotive department (Had carried it for 10 years), found out, they no longer carry it.

3. 3M used to make some spray glue that worked GREAT. You guessed it, they now sell similar glue for double the price. It doesn't work nearly as well.

4. Last, the Mc Rib. Come on McDonalds. STOP MESSING WITH ME!!!

This must be part of getting old. Expecting things to stay the same price. Discontinuing things that I like and everything worked better in the years past.

I know in business we are constantly changing our offerings Maybe we should try and keep things consistent.

1 comment:

Sales Guy said...

I think it is just old age Steve. That is the great thing about being around longer and longer - all of the changes. Not all are good, but change is inevitable.