Friday, April 18, 2008

Owning what you do.

Again a special thanks to Mike Fafinski President of Syand Corporation (http://www.syand.com/) from Minnesota. We spoke about owning what you do. What does that mean? I think there becomes a time that you finally have seen most issues in the job you do. Sure, you probably haven't seen them all and some of the worst problems hit you on an idle Tuesday.

I don't want to confuse owning your job with comfortable and coasting. I truly believe it takes at least 3 years to become good at any sales position. Owning a position allows you to focus on growing, not just existing. I have a couple of questions that I ask myself all the time

1. What can I do to improve what I do every day?
2. What are others in the industry doing to grow, expand and create new solutions.

What questions do you ask along these lines?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you. To assume one's position or to call yourself a professional often takes years of staying in a company. As a sales person, it took me awhile to realize that I am already growing in my sales position in Toronto. And before I have owned my position and embrace my success I have undergo different trials on my chosen career but in the end it paid off.