Saturday, May 31, 2008

The places I found sand.

I will spare you the details...It feels like there is sand everywhere. Every time I clean my ears I find more sand. Maybe I will define vacations in the future by the length of time it takes me to get the sand out.

What a great vacation week it was. My oldest learned to get in the big pool. Go under water, use a paddle board and jump in. In hind site his lack of fear may be a problem. My youngest is now able to go in the ocean, walk around in the pool, and build anything out of sand (He will be finding sand much longer than I will)

I have had some questions on what my wife has been doing. Well much of the same. Beach in the morning, pool in the afternoon. Ice cream in between. She will not be finding as much sand. She isn't much of a sand castle builder. I do think it is good that she has experienced the jet lag and travel fatigue. Sometimes she thinks that I am making it up when I get back from trips when all I have been doing is riding in an airplane. Granted, it is much harder work when you have 2 kids.

It will feel good having a month home. Next time I have to leave is the first of July. Going to Minnesota with Arlin for a SWOT, getting back for 4th or July weekend then going to WPC (Microsoft World Wide Partner Conference) So kinda looking forward to both (Will be educational and do great things for the business) but also dreading the travel, missing the kids and such. Last, Jenifer and I will be going to Vancouver in August for HTG3. Looking forward to her seeing what I do during these meetings.

Anyway, back to focusing on work and reality. I am sure we will have an outstanding June. May finished high so we have to keep the progress moving!

No comments: