Thursday, May 29, 2008

Pictures

I love pictures. I took over 200 today! What other thing can you do (Other than write) that freezes moments in your life. Mostly you photograph the happy times in your life. Birthdays, anniversaries, vacations and holidays. Then you can spend the rest of your life re-living these moments with family and friends. What a great thing! It is getting easier now than it has ever been to be a good photographer. Not that I consider myself one. With digital photography, you can take hundreds of photos and just delete the ones that are bad. Print a Walmart, Walgreens or Snapfish. Share on the web page or email. What a great deal!

We hired a professional photographer to take our family pictures today. Sure, he had a high end camera (Digital) and some great ideas of where to take pictures, and I am sure he knows more about lighting then I know about my camera. The formalizing of the photos did get the family dressed up for the pictures, and we will order pictures (Like we did several years ago). We will have these pictures the rest of our lives.

Living in Kansas, the reality of tornado's do exist, and I have accepted that if my house went, we will have to pick up the pieces. One of the things that I would miss the most would be photographs. I have backed up the digital ones on-line. I still need to scan the older ones.

One of the things that you are taught in sales training is on calls look at the photos and things in the office and use them to create a bond with the person. I heard a story of a professional that did try and bond with a contact. The contact (Yes I am careful not to call this person a client) had a large Marlin above their desk. When the sales person tried to bond using this the contact told them it was there to test sales people and then told the sales person to leave.

In my office I have pictures of my kids, family, car and industry awards. I would never think of removing my personal effects to just "Test" a sales rep. In fact I have thought about this for a while. If I was presented with a contact like the one above, I would probably let them know that this was a mutual feeling. A contact like this is not interested in value, relationships or solutions. They have time just to mess with people. Not very professional in my opinion.

Well, I went a long way to get to the point on this blog today. Guess that is what happens when you have some time on vacation. I look forward to sharing the pictures with everyone when I return.

No comments: