Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How do you vacation? Does it matter?

Just an observation. My sister has to be busy on vacation. Doing something all the time. My definition is reading, sitting by the beach and forgetting work for a while. Not that either is right or wrong, just different.

Vacation is necessary for everyone. You do not have to go to the beach, or even leave the house. Just some time to leave the daily grind behind and reset. I know that I have blogged before about people who do not take their vacation and loose it. I believe that they are doing more harm than good. Everyone needs some perspective on family, friends and work.

It has been great to see my kids change. Caden my oldest (5) was here 3 years ago and afraid of the beach and really did not like the sand. Now he is enjoying getting knocked down by the waves and jumping in the pool. Carsen (Our youngest 2) is scared of the surf, does not like the pool but has sand everyplace imagineable. They are both growing up so fast. This is a time in our lives where we will both remember.

No comments: