Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update and the garage sale

I have had a chance to read Stuart's ebook. http://blog.itsuccessmentor.com/connect-the-dots This is definitely a good read for any VAR or vendor in the IT business. Stuart does a great job of laying out the road map of the future for our business.

One thing that continues to bother me is this transition to MSP 2.0. Have most VAR's mastered 1.0? I know I have not. I am struggling between maximizing everything that we have with balancing the look to the future. I think I am preparing for 2.0 but clearly not close to being there.

Ok that was a little professorish. IE theory.

Garage sale. My wife (Two days in a row for her making this blog. Penalty will be big for me) is having a garage sale this Friday (It has come to my attention that this is not a global thing. Simply the garage sale is kinda like an open market but in your garage where you sell all your stuff you don't want anymore for ridiculously low prices and have lots of strangers in your garage.) Lots of kids stuff for sure. Anyway she has advertised in the newspaper and the free local on line tools. It is amazing the response she has had. I am sure I am going to learn lots about negotiating, customers and Jenifer. Should be painful. I will keep everyone updated.

No comments: