Monday, July 28, 2008

I can't diagram a sentence, can you?

Not sure why this continues to bother me. My 8th grade teacher told me that I could not write. In fact, I almost didn't pass 8th grade English because I could not diagram a sentence. Still can't. (Ha, there is a sentence that fails). So here I sit still with the thought that I shouldn't be writing this blog, simply because a teacher 20 years ago said I shouldn't?

So what is the lesson behind this? Don't tell people they can't do things. Teach, mold and encourage everyone around you to grow. Not to hinder. This applies to every one. My kids, wife and friends to those I work with.

I can now diagram some of the most advanced communications systems on the planet but cannot diagram a sentence. Does it matter? You are still reading this mess I call writing!

The same teacher that said I could not write, told me I would never be able to spell. Guess what, I am about to press the spell check button. She was wrong!

No comments: