Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My wife is no salesperson.

I am sure I will pay for this later. Anyway, here it goes. I am told we are done having kids. So Jenifer has spent the last 6 months preparing for a garage sale (Friday). We had several large items we put in the local on line advertisements. First was a battery operated Hummer, second was our crib.

Yesterday we sold the crib, (The Hummer sold first day) the folks came to pick it up at our house around 8:30 last night. Mind you, they have already committed to purchase. This is when my wife tells them the story how it has been listed twice and they are the only ones who have contacted us. I could almost read the expressions in the gal's face saying, "Did I pay too much?" She went ahead and paid us anyway.

Lesson continues to be, once you make the sale, keep quiet. Don't give the opportunity for buyers remorse to step in, you may talk the client out of the sale. I continue to see this happen quite a bit.

Stuart ask me to review his recent publication
http://blog.itsuccessmentor.com/connect-the-dots
I will be doing that Wednesday. So look forward to this.

No comments: