Thursday, June 2, 2011

In the day of multitasking and speed

Listening has really become a lost art. Trust me I am one of the worst. Many times I have found myself being called on (Think Leadership Hays) and realized that I have no idea what is going on. I was focused on others around me, something shiny or just in my own world. (Reminds me of School)

You never know when the most important information is coming to you. It most likely is going to come from some unknown source, a vendor or coworker. Taking time to look someone in the eye, shut down the email and focus.

I am really talking about me here. Many time recently I have found myself doing the opposite of my own advice. It is time to sloooow down, focus and pay attention. The next big thing might be right in front of me but I am too busy being busy.

No comments: