Monday, July 27, 2009

Waking up this morning in SF

I am in the home town of my favorite football team the SF 49ers. Went and had a good dinner up the street (And in SF the mean up) It was a hard trip walking there and easy going down hill. Anyway, it has been one day and I am tired of being cold already. It was in the 60's when I got here and after dinner it was getting colder.

People ask how we in the Midwest can handle the thunderstorms, I ask how can they handle the fog? It is like an alien life form that attacks. I have never seen something so thick. The top of buildings just disappear. And I am told that today is mild.

The next thing that is difficult for me to get used to is the sound of the city (ALL NIGHT LONG) From that trolley dinging its bell at 6am, to people honking, fire trucks, police and just the sound of traffic at all hours of the morning. With all the concrete it just echo's. It sounds like trucks are going to come through my window. That should explain how I slept. I believe I can now understand how others feel that come to the Midwest and miss that sound. You can probably get used to the background noise. Sure glad I do not have to.

Looking forward to good learning today. Always sharpening my skills and becoming more productive.

No comments: