Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The beginning of a new chapter



I am not sure I have put it out there, but I am now facilitating HTG3. So I have spent the last couple of days with the group and have a new appreciation for those who do the facilitation. From getting room reservations, to AV equipment delivered, making sure lunch is there and everyone has their needs met for food and drink. Then working with vendors and their insecurities of where to be and what to present and just keeping the meeting flowing without cutting off something important.



Anyway, learned lots the last 2 days. From DeDuping (SP) a technology that significantly reduces backup sizes by analyzing data and not saving the same file multiple times (Not easy to explain, just ask me some time) to Sonicwall Marketing (Thanks Ted from Sonicwall) and then I confirmed that selling telephony can be difficult and teaching it is even harder. I have at least half a dozen items to go back to Hays with and try an implement.



And of course we had another great evening of exploring San Francisco. From seeing




To going around Alcatraz and spending a little time on Pier 39. So another great life experience. And of course the Bucket list has another check list.
It is also a sad time. HTG3 will now split up a bit. We will have to recruit about six members as 4 of the members are going to HTG20 to start a group of similar sized companies. Erik will lead HTG 12 and Joddey will no longer be with us. So the crew will see each other twice a year in HTG all but it will never be the same. While the chage is good and takes us to another level, I will miss the dynamics we had developed.
So, off the Kansas I go. I sure can't wait to get warm again and to see the family.














No comments: