Thursday, September 18, 2008

So I went to my first School Open House (As a parent that is)

An in the music room there they sat. 3 Apple IIc's. Next to them were the LC machines. For those of you not familiar with the history of computers the Apple II was the machine I learned as a freshman in HS. So these machines are about 20 years old. The c in the name stand for color! They were covered in the nice plastic slips and really in mint condition.

My first thought was "What in the world could someone use this ancient technology to teach with" Then I saw it. In all it's fake metal shine. Plastic hinges and sounds like a hair dryer. Using so much energy, it alone is probably responsible for 10% of the energy used in Kansas. The DELL laptop purchased last year.

I suddenly understood why someone would keep this 20 year old technology. They needed a computer that would work. Clearly the DELL could not get it done.

This just proves, sell quality, not quantity. Otherwise the future of our children will suffer. I wept last night from the thought of children being deprived of a true computer education. I am haunted by the erie sound that Dell made...

Damn you DELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

1 comment:

Stuart R. Crawford said...

Steve, you sound like a Lenovo partner :-)

Stuart Crawford
DELL Partner
Calgary, AB
http://blog.itsuccessmentor.com