Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting Away. Its Important

Some of you may know that it has been a bit hectic around the office lately. However I have the opportunity this week to get away. Carsen does not have a sitter Thursday or Friday so I am taking these two days off and we are loading up the Corvette for a road trip to Grandma and Grandpa's lake house.

We have not spent much time there (Actually none) this year so it will be a great time. Caden and Jenifer will come Friday night so Carsen gets some rare one on one time with Grandma while I get to play, weather permitting, over 70 holes of golf over 5 days.

Point of today's post is that it is easy to think you cannot take time away because you are too busy. Lets face it, are you ever slow? I hadn't found that time in years. I also find that during these times some of my best ideas come to me. Not that I was focusing on work, they just pop up in the most odd times.

One of the best/worst things about the Lake House is that there is no Internet. No wireless, no cellular cards, just telephone service. I have found that when I am away, my team not only gets the job done but excels. I try and not think it is because I am standing in the way normally.

PS Not to worry, (Like I am sure you are), I have scheduled some posts for every day I am gone.

No comments: