Monday, August 25, 2008

A break before Meeting three

I have to tell the story of my dad purchasing a car.

He has been seriously looking for a car for about 3 months. He had a 5 year old (Not sure exactly how old) Toyota 4 runner that he has not been particularly fond of. It has been reliable, just not real comfortable, just transportation. I know he was looking at Toyota Camry and a Honda truck thing. Beyond that he wasn't in love with either.

Well, I spoke to him on Wednesday and he tells me he purchased a car! Not anything he was looking at before. He purchased a Saturn Vue (I think this is how you spell it). I had to ask what made him look at this? Well, it (Like all things) came down to the salesman. This sales person was honest, sincere and answered all of my dad's questions. In fact, my dad went on to tell me that he gave the salesperson several chances to lie and he did not.

This goes to proving several things.
1. Product does not drive the sale
2. Honesty and integrity are extremely important in sales
3. Working every opportunity may equal a sale

So after three months, the test drive, paper work and purchase took one hour.

No comments: