Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TradeHome Shoes

Well over ten years ago when I moved to Hays there was a guy named Jimmy Brew (always liked the name, and he lived up to it). Jimmy ran the TradeHome shoe store in the Mall. I was always amazed that they had some of the best shoe sales people I have ever met. They were either college students or graduates. Most seemed to want a career at the store. I ask Jimmy how he managed to get these people. Was it pay? Benefits? He always said it was recruiting.

Most people who worked there knew someone to get the job. He had a list of people who wanted to work there. Sure, they paid commission, but not an extreme amount. They were always having a good time and the place was packed.

So to this day I shop there. They have only quality shoes and take care of their customers.

Point of the story? Recruit quality people, make it fun and you will succeed in sales.

No comments: